[ubuntu-uk] PC Freezing on updates with Gutsy

Kirrus kirrus at kirrus.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:32:56 BST 2007

Hi

----- "Colin Wylie" <badger at badgerdotcom.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <snip>
> to the PC - the installer froze up at about 82% on the configuring apt
> <snip>
> system freezing and locking up again. Finally (after a few google
> searches) I found a list of repositories, and tried via apt-get -
> whcih
> worked.  But as I don't know the names of all packages and
> dependencies
> I want - this aint too good :(
>
> So - has anyone else encountered this - or does it sound like I may have
> a hardware fault? It's driving me nuts. I really want to ditch Windows
> for good, but only if it's gonna work!

It sounds like you *may* have a dodgy install cd... can you check the md5sums for your disc/*.iso file against what it should be?

There's a good how-to here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

(What the sum should look like can be found here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes)

Regards,