[ubuntu-uk] UK Gutsy Release Party

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Oct 19 14:33:54 BST 2007

Hi all,

I have _just_ got back from London after the release party organised by
John Levin.

What a top night out. Thanks John, and everyone else who came. I think
Dave Walker gets the prize for the furthest distance travelled
(Southampton to London) and I nominate myself for the klutzy-doofus
prize for knocking over a drink within seconds of greeting people.

http://daviey.mooo.com/uncategorized/ubuntu-uk-release-party.html

Highlights for me include:-

* Meeting some great people
* Drinking lovely beer
* Free WiFi in the pub!
* Having Mark Shuttleworth give me tips on getting wifi working on an
old IBM thinkpad
* Missing the last train home
* Kipping on the floor of a Greater London Linux User Group member who
was also at the meetup

I eagerly look forward to the next social meet up.

Now, bed.

Cheers,
Al.