[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 7.10

Andrew Barber andrew.alex.barber at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:06:46 BST 2007

On 19/10/2007, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> Although I have used Ubuntu since it started I have never tried it
> before installing. Please point me to where I can get instructions on
> how to do this.
>
> Norman

Strangely I can't actually find a whole how to on the Internet. It is fairly
self explanatory anyway; basically set your computer [or laptop] to boot
from CD ROM; this is set in the BIOS [normally F12 or F2 or esc on boot].
Once that is done, pop in the CD. It will boot (normally) to a Live CD
environment and from there you will be basically in what you realise to be
ubuntu.
There is a desktop icon that says 'Install Ubuntu'. Double click that and
follow the steps. The only one I would *really* pay attention to is the
partition hard drive part. Though I have been through a number of installs,
and if you are not experienced I would advise you read everything..

Hope this helps..

--
Andrew Alexander Barber