[ubuntu-uk] RM £169 linux-ok notebook

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:43:05 BST 2007

On 10/9/07, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/9/07, Mac <Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What do you reckon to this:
> >
> > http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/10/09/rm_asus_launches_minibook/
> >

> > Mac
> >

> Cool, glad I work in a school so hopefully can get a demo unit from RM.
> Would be prefect for whipping out on the train and doing a bit of work.
>
> I am sure it will be sales to schools only so possible people will miss
> out on this device.
>
> Colin

I spoke to our RM salesman today trying to get a demo unit of the new RM
Minibook (http://www.rm.com/HE/Products/Product.asp?cref=PD1024415)  but RM
only have 1000 of the units total to sell at the moment so have none
available for loan to school for a demo.  Their sales staff don't even have
demo units yet.

It seems Asus only have 2000 of them in the UK, kept 1000 for themselves to
sell before Xmas and gave RM 1000 to sell to schools.  My salesman said the
interest about this device from schools has been HUGE!  They orginally
planned to launch it in January at the BETT show but so many people enquired
about it they moved the release date forward.  Hence the lack of stock.

Hopefully I can get a demo unit in December:-)

Colin