[ubuntu-uk] Downloading Ubuntu 7.10 CD image

Keith Cleaver keithcleaver at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:21:05 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 13:53 +0100, David M wrote:
> Anybody having any luck downloading a Ubuntu 7.10 CD image?
>
> I've tried downloading the CD image [1] from various mirrors (UK and
> elsewhere in Europe) in the past half-hour or so, and where I have been
> (semi-)successful the download has stopped part-way through, but in most
> instances the mirror site has reported that the file isn't even there
> yet. I think I'll wait until later on before trying again, although by
> then the Americans will be awake.. ;-(
>
> [1] I don't ever really use the Ubuntu CD, I just download it as a good
> luck talisman, to have something to boot/reinstall from in case the
> in-place upgrade fails [2], and to have the Live CD 'demo' experience
> before upgrading for real.
>
> [2] And I don't actually upgrade until a few days have passed and
> others [3] have flagged up any major issues :)
>
> [3] If I had a spare computer I _would_ install there as a test, but I
> don't so I don't: I can't risk trashing my only computer! :-(
>

> --
> David M.  Edinburgh, Scotland. ---- [en,fr,(de) <-- corrections welcome]
> * Please only quote minimum required for context; interleave reply text.
> * On-list replies preferred. Please don't 'cc:' list messages to me!
> * HTML/slug-trails/excess-quoting/no-context/zero-content => filtered!
> >> Read lists as news: nntp://news.gmane.org  info: http://gmane.org/ <<

Hi guys, I'm a new user of Ubuntu (I was a Puppy Linux user for a while,
and Red Hat a long time ago), and have been impressed with it.

Anyway, just to let people know that the new issue of Linux Format has
Xubuntu 7.10 on the DVD, if you:

1) Prefer the XFCE window manager and
2) Don't want to download the ISO from the Xubuntu site

Thanks,

Keith
--
Keith Cleaver <keithcleaver at googlemail.com>