[ubuntu-uk] /home partition

Farran Lee fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 17 20:33:13 BST 2007

hi all

reading through the posts and suddenly realised, I could do with a
separate /home partition!I have been meaning to look into it for ages,
but keep forgetting.
I have an 18.63 GiB hd. 17.84 GiB is / and 807.93 MiB is swap. Is it
possible/safe/advisable to attempt creating a /home partition, and if I
did, would the file location of /home automatically mount? And would it
mess up any paths in scripts/programs etc?
Sorry if that didn't make any sense... hopefully someone'll understand
it!

Cheers
Farran