[ubuntu-uk] Suitable filesystems for ...

david lutton david.lutton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:13:51 BST 2007

I'm considering getting a ubuntu server.
But I don't know what would be the most suitable file system for the type of
usage that it will get, given that these partitions could be on different
disks if necessary. What would you use for ...

Databases
htdocs

or to be more precise what options would you put in /etc/fstab ?

and this is the stupid bit but is there a control where your supposed to
edit /etc/fstab because my system didn't seem to want to hear about
auto-mounting after I changed it manually.