[ubuntu-uk] Advice for the future

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Wed Oct 17 15:48:43 BST 2007

Michael,24, no degree. I am a Systems Administrator & developer. I
started with computers when i was about 8, was selling (very little)
commercial software on the Internet at about 14 or 15. Never felt i
needed a degree, BUT: to get into the industry was not easy!!! And yes,
sometimes i do think maybe it would have been helpful to have a degree,
and some broader knowledge in areas i don't really deal with.