[ubuntu-uk] Advice for the future

Adam Bagnall ajb35 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 10:31:36 BST 2007

Jai Harrison wrote:
> Well I'm interested in York Uni. What other Universities are good for
> Computer Science and would you generally recommend? What University
> are you at?

I'm at Kent Uni doing CS and I'd definitely recommend it. The course is
  good and the campus is great. It's #23 on that list you sent, so not
too far down and the employment prospects are very good (better than
Oxford). As other people have said I'd phone up the admissions people
and have a chat with them, I didn't meet their entry requirements but
they let me in anyway (I had 280 points) :)
A foundation year is a good way to get into university although I guess
A-levels would look better on your CV.