[ubuntu-uk] Advice for the future

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 23:19:45 BST 2007

Experience is almost as important or even more important than degrees, my
advice would be find someone in your area then get some work with them if
you can, easy than it sounds I know you might even need to do it for free
but its good to get experience and then you will know what you want to focus
on. If you want to then work up to getting linux degrees or network with
cisco etc, can help you decide what part of IT you would want to work in as
it is a massive field.

Or if you like it you can be like some people(myself included) and get into
anything IT related from media players to massive servers. Which is fun, but
obviously pretty hard.

Regards,
Daniel