[ubuntu-uk] Training material

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Oct 16 22:43:58 BST 2007

Hi Rob,
On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 22:25 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> We've had a new member of the Devon & Cornwall LUG asking if there are
> any Ubuntu/Kubuntu training courses in the Plymouth area.  As far as I'm
> aware there currently isn't anything like that going on in the area..

Canonical (and the wider Ubunutu community) are currently developing an
Ubuntu Desktop course. It's not finished yet, but we're working on it a
chapter at a time. You can see the first drafts of some chapters here:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training

Note: It really is early on in the development of this course, and it it
intended to be collaboratively edited, so if you see any omissions or
errors then you can check out the changes and modify them yourself. The
instructions for doing his are on this page:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training/KnowledgeBase

Alternatively make a list of gotchas and mail them to me and I'll make
sure they get considered/included/passed-on as appropriate.

> In the mean time I've pointed this new LUG member in the direction of
> the Ubuntu-UK web site (I mentioned there is a great mailing list and
> some really useful screen casts that can show her visually how to do
> things).

Yay! We take requests too!
http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/Requests

Cheers,