[ubuntu-uk] Networking with an Dell Optiplex GX620

Kris Marsh moogman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:55:36 BST 2007

On 10/16/07, james at btguk.org <james at btguk.org> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Um, how do I know if it has detected the network card?
>
> I also have 7.04, just finished downloading it, should I use that instead?
>
> James

Hi James,

If you can wait two days, it might be worth trying 7.10 instead
(http://www.ubuntu.com/).

Network connectivity has improved throughout the years, especially
with wireless cards.

Saying that, it wouldn't harm burning your 7.04 to disk, and booting
up into the live disk to see whether your network card is detected.

If you go to System->Administration->Network, you should (hopefully!)
see a bunch of cards there.

Kris