[ubuntu-uk] help!i want to control my torrents over the web!

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:41:42 BST 2007

I use torrentflux on my web server. wasy to access and manage ports. The
ajax  Interface is a bit laggy
but i'm sure of us could work on a better design (third party extension -
language non specific).

u also have a choice in what torrent client u want to use.

i have torrentflux installed using transmission as my torrent client. u can
spoof its ident to bypass certain tracker restrictions
eg. supported clients.

i'm sure there is a firefox plugin to add torrents to torrentflux
http://jamespo.org.uk/wp/archives/552

[ slightly off-topic]

if you do want access to a machine via ssh from work or some other insecure
or restricted location.
you could use WebShell http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mressl/webshell/

WebShell is a web-based ssh shell<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell>
> .
>
> It runs on any browser capable of JavaScript and AJAX. You can use it from
> any computer or iPhone/smartphone.
>
> The server is written in Python and is very easy to set up on Linux, Mac
> OS X, *BSD, Solaris, and any Unix that runs python 2.3.
>
> WebShell is based on Ajaxterm<http://antony.lesuisse.org/qweb/trac/wiki/AjaxTerm>
> .

Features:

   - VT100, ECMA-48 terminal emulation
   - Integrated secure http server
   - UTF-8, with chinese/japanese wide glyph support
   - Virtual keyboard for iPhone users
   - Changeable appearance
   - Compliant with vttest

Security

WebShell communications are as secure as a regular secure shell, as both ssh
and WebShell are on top of the
SSL/TLS<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security>layer.

The code has been tested against buffer overflow and denial of service. If
you find any problem, please report
here<http://code.google.com/p/web-shell/issues/list>
.
Azmodie.
--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation