[ubuntu-uk] OT: Disc duplication - anyone know any places that can do it cheap?

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 23:16:14 BST 2007

Rob,

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 20:49 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> When I was looking into this before I figured it was rather expensive,
> even when using cheap 9p CD-R discs (when factoring in duplication of
> many thousands of discs, printing etc).  I was wondering though if
> anyone knew of a good duplication company who could take an ISO image,
> make a glass master disc and then professionally press and print a whole
> load of CDs (like what we get with the original Ubuntu discs).

There is a company in Manchester that I used a couple of years ago. They
were very good. Their WEB site is www.kingsdirect.co.uk.

Back in 2005, it cost me 97p per CD for 200 off, which may be a little
expensive. Not sure about their prices today. That included printing on
the CD as well. I provided a zip file of the CD contents and a PDF with
the art work.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold