[ubuntu-uk] RM ?169 linux-ok notebook

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 10 21:50:35 BST 2007

Ah yes I remember them well.

3D O and X - great fun!

A couple of the guys even managed to get a fairly decent gorse race
simulation running on a 480Z - we had a white and a black one at school with
cassette storage - the bees knees!

First introduction to basic and Z80 assembly language too.

Mind you innocence is so nice - in the early 80s the question would have
been what's Unix?

Oh, and we were all self taught as the school didn't start formal computer
lessons until the early 90s - 7 years after I left!