[ubuntu-uk] Interesting article - "Why don't Windows users switch to Macs" we could learn from

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Oct 10 16:42:00 BST 2007

Interesting article at Zdnet about why Windows Users don't switch to Mac.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=847&tag=nl.e539

One of the core reasons that the author quotes is: "The Linux effect"

 > The “anything but Microsoft” card that Apple is playing is losing
traction
 > given that Linux distros are now becoming a credible alternative.
 > Why pay for a Mac when you can load Linux onto your existing rig
 > and still be rid of Microsoft? Also, the Linux communities seem to
 > be far more open and trustworthy that Apple is being as of late.

One of the reasons that he also quotes is that the Microsoft-bashing in the
Mac camp is putting Windows users off.

Well worth a read - interesting to see that WE are seen as a big reason
why people aren't turning to Apple any more :-)

Mark