[ubuntu-uk] Gutsy or Feisty for install party?

Philip Newborough mail at philipnewborough.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:09:05 BST 2007

On 10/10/2007, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:
> Philip Newborough wrote:
> > Hello list
> >
> > I'm off to an install party tomorrow night and I've arranged with the
> > organiser to take along some Ubuntu disks. Basically, what are your
> > opinions on which version to take along?
> >
> > I've got a feeling I'll probably end up taking a mix, however it'd be
> > nice to hear what your opinions are.
> >
> > BTW - I'm still running Feisty and have yet to try Gutsy, I really
> > should pull my finger out and try the Beta but my systems are running
> > very smoothly at the mo and I have quite a bit of work on.
> >
> > More info about the meeting can be read at:
> > http://crunchbang.org/archives/2007/10/09/lincs-lug-meeting-and-install-party/
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Philip
> >

> Are the participants going to be new users?

To be honest, I'm not sure. It's at the University and I'm assuming
it's been advertised on the notice boards and such like. I know the
Uni already uses some Ubuntu and Debian based machines so it maybe
only those already with some Linux experience turn up.

> I'd say take along both and try both versions and see how they run.  I'm
> in a similar situation, I'm installing Ubuntu on a work colleague's home
> PC, I'm not sure if I should install 7.04 or ask them to hang on a
> fortnight and install 7.10 (although saying that, I have a feeling their
> hard drive is on the way out, at least something in their PC is making a
> knocking noise) so that might decide it for them.
>
> Rob

Good luck with that - it sounds a bit ominous :D

Cheers

Philip