[ubuntu-uk] Testing a machine with a Live CD

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:58:01 BST 2007

On 09/10/2007, Colin Murphy <Colin at spudulike.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007 15:55:26 Neil Greenwood wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What programs do people run on a new machine that's booted off the
> > Live CD to check that everything is working/supported?
> >
> It may be obvious, but I check for things that I know to be broken, to some
> extent, in the current, installed, version.  For me, this was Kaffeine and
> the need the for the cx88-dvb module to be loaded manually.  In 7.10 I can
> say it works out of the box.

I was checking a new machine, rather than the next version of Ubuntu.

I can report that the laptop (Acer TravelMate) worked perfectly out of
the box with Feisty, including Compiz on the ATI Radeon mobile (open
source drivers)! Going to Gutsy as soon as the CD finishes downloading
and I can burn it...

Hwyl,
Neil.