[ubuntu-uk] RM £169 linux-ok notebook

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 21:35:12 BST 2007

James Grabham wrote:
> They said it was gonna be £200, £169s not bad, but still not as good as
> the US price of $200.

But which version was at $200?  IIRC they announced there would be a
couple of different revisions with different storage sizes (and I'm sure
one of the higher spec models had a model built in too).

For a portable machine running Linux you can't go wrong :-)

I can't help but wonder though that Microsoft might try and persuade RM
to bundle the machines with something like Windows XP Embedded (due to
the data storage constraints - I certainly doubt a standard install of
Vista would fit).

I'll stick one on my christmas list and hope for the best.

Rob