[ubuntu-uk] Who's got/ordered Dell Ubuntu Laptops?

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:47:25 BST 2007

Also, if you're considering a laptop as an addition or replacement to
your desktop machine, it's good to know that there's a product out
there that will "just work". Given the nightmares people have had
trying to get linux distros to install reliably on various laptops, if
I was considering a laptop right now and didn't want to take any risks
then I'd go for the Dell

Pete

On 08/10/2007, Daniel Lamb <daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> I really like dell kit, not a fan of inspirons though would rather have
> latitudes though, personally I would rather dell offered it on a lot more
> machines rather than just them and 1 desktop.
>
> As for my professional relationship with Dell, they are the main pc
> manufacturer we put into clients and if we could get optiplexes and
> latitudes with Ubuntu on them I would seriously consider using them for
> this, and they have been told this also.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997