[ubuntu-uk] How 'Gnu' are you?

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:21:24 BST 2007

andylockran wrote:
> We had some fun on Wednesday night on IRC installing "Virtual Richard
> Stallman" on our ubuntu boxes to see how many non-free products were
> installed.
<snip>
> Please append your results to the list below:
>
> andylockran - 15 non-free packages, 1.1% of 1381 installed packages.

My results:

16 non-free packages, 1.1% of 1498 installed packages.

Curiously, these included

gnupg-doc                 GNU Privacy Guard documentation

as well as

linux-generic             Complete Generic Linux kernel
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules on x86/x86_64
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules on x86/x86_64
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules helper script
linux-restricted-modules- Restricted Linux modules for generic kernels

but it didn't find Skype!!!

Long way to go yet, eh?

Mac