[ubuntu-uk] UK Project Proposal

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Oct 5 10:38:26 BST 2007

Chris Rowson wrote:
>> I'll take this as a positive acceptance of the idea - thanks for all the
>> offers of support up to and including the tea pot Matthew!
>
> Cool :-D This sounds like a very admirable project. Has anyone got any
> ideas about how this could be funded? How does the loco usually get
> cash for exhibiting etc?

I would travel and attend independently. Hopefully the exhibition will
be inexpensive or free to attend? Funding for a display stand is
interesting - I note that this is a strong area for proprietary
products! Free handouts are unlikely, unless - there may be some
voluntary organisations displaying, we could maybe get their advice?

We are in principle competing with powerful companies who have shown
they can get their way (mostly). These can hardly be expected to
welcome us or assist us.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391