[ubuntu-uk] UK Project Proposal

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Oct 5 09:17:44 BST 2007

Chris Rowson wrote:
>> What I was thinking of doing was running a stand there for the
>> three days - starting Tues 15/07/08 I think - demonstrating
>> Ubuntu together with it's Assistive Technologies in use.
>>

> Hey there folks,
>
> Are the assistive technologies in Ubuntu any good?
>
> I seem to remember a post a few months ago where there was a
> discussion regarding the issues a partially sighted user was having
>  with Ubuntu. I'll try and dig it up.

I turned accessibility on (magnifier and orca) for a short demo
recently (7.04) and was most impressed.

I have normal sight, and while helping age concern (a few years ago),
I attended a half day using the windows based (and very expensive) HAL
software. HAL was quite good, and I thought the current offering from
orca was easily comparable.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391