[ubuntu-uk] UK Project Proposal

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Oct 4 20:02:56 BST 2007

Hi Ian,

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 18:14 +0100, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> What I was thinking of doing was running a stand there for the three days -
> starting Tues 15/07/08 I think - demonstrating Ubuntu together with it's
> Assistive Technologies in use.

Sounds great to me, count me in.

> * get a loan of at least one laptop / desktop for the duration

I don't think that's a problem. I suspect that you could get one or more
in fact.

> * a supply of the then current distributions

That would be Hardy Heron - 8.04 which would be an LTS release. By then
there would be media available.

> * an installation guide to Ubuntu with Assistive Technologies activated, in
> printed, braille and audio formats

Ooo, like that idea. We also have a screencast that has subtitles :)

> * increase my knowledge of Ubuntu from the surface scratchings I have to a
> damn good gouge.

I'm sure we can help with that too!

Winner.

> Now, there's plenty of time until July, and exhibitors registration doesn't
> need to be completed until 31/01/08, but I'll be honest and say it seems
> rather daunting.

I'd say it's pretty damned easy for us to achieve if we work together
actually.

> I've got ideas how to deal with most of the above points, but wondered if
> this'd be a good project for the Loco team?

Definitely.

Cheers,
Al.