[ubuntu-uk] Diskless Workstations

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 4 18:01:59 BST 2007

Hi-de-hi Campers

With all the postings relating to home servers and small screens got me
thinking.

Is there such a thing as a diskless workstation that looks for all intents
and purposes like a laptop, ie combined screen, keyboard and mouse pad,  but
without HDD battery and other associated mobile type stuff?

I've only ever found / seen those that look like a standard desktop
installation, ie all seperate, but not combined.  Yes I realise I can get a
second hand lappie and do this but I've never seen one from new - or maybe
just haven't got the Google search criteria right ....

Cheers