[ubuntu-uk] Preparing my Server for Gutsy - help

Chris Jones chris.jones at canonical.com
Wed Oct 3 17:37:25 BST 2007

Hi

Mark Allison wrote:
> How reliable are the backports? Would you rely on backports in a
> production environment? This is only for my home LAN, but I have lots

I'm not sure who maintains the feisty-backports, but I don't think they
get the same level of security love as packages in feisty.
Given that adding the repository will encourage apt and friends to
upgrade everything in -backports, I would either cherry pick the debs I
want, or configure apt to treat -backports as lower priority than the
main archives.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones