[ubuntu-uk] Phishing and linux

Chris Jones chris.jones at canonical.com
Wed Oct 3 11:32:29 BST 2007

Hi

Mac wrote:
> I hope we can just assume this is FUD.  Does anyone more familiar with
> server security have anything consoling thoughts?

My guess would be: Lots more Linux servers than Windows ones, probably
lots that don't have system security patches applied[0] and lots and
lots and lots and lots and lots of PHP code running on them which is
even less likely to be getting security love :/

[0] MS are getting very good at annoying people into installing updates.
Most Linux server installs don't even try to make you install updates.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at canonical.com