[ubuntu-uk] Preparing my Server for Gutsy - help

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 09:55:28 BST 2007

Why not dd it to another drive so you can always put that in if things go
wrong, you will only need the programs part as an upgrade will not affect
your data which I would assume is in sda1: /var/lib/backuppc -- 500GB?

Once you have done a dd then simply type in apt-get dist-upgrade to do the
upgrade.

To test it, you can use the dd image and then use a virtual machine to boot
the dd image and upgrade it there to test, there are guide online on how to
use dd and also how to use a dd image on a virtual machine.

Regards,
Daniel