[ubuntu-uk] Phishing and linux

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Oct 3 09:31:41 BST 2007

Mac wrote:
> I hope we can just assume this is FUD.  Does anyone more familiar with
> server security have anything consoling thoughts?

I seriously hope that we DON'T assume this is FUD.

I think that Alan has summed up the key issue nicely.

Anyone who goes around saying "Linux is secure, Windows isn't" is, I'm
afraid, setting themselves up for a MASSIVE egg-on-face incident.

What we CAN say is that "Ubuntu contains a good set of tools to keep
machines secure that are free. You don't need to worry about installing
three different update packages, each with a monthly subscription fee."

M.