[ubuntu-uk] [ubuntu-marketing] countdown for gutsy

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:26:03 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2007 22:16
Subject: [ubuntu-marketing] countdown for gutsy
To: ubuntu-marketing <ubuntu-marketing at lists.ubuntu.com>, Fridge
editors <fridge-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>

Hello,

I've recently added a countdown script to the www.ubuntu.com homepage.
You'll see in very very tiny lettering near the bottom right of it
there is a link for others to add a counter like it to their
homepages. That link takes them to
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/countdown that contains brief
instructions and the two lines of code needed to use the counter.

There's no tracking, cookies, web bugs or anything mischievous here...
it's just a bit of javascript that calculates the date and shows the
appropriate image.

We'd really like to get this out, so could a fridge team member put
this on the fridge and could the marketing team spread the word
through their channels? Gerry, Kat and Matt (me) would really
appreciate it. It should help build up the excitement as we approach
the 7.10 release.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode