[ubuntu-uk] Home Servers

Matthew Daubney daubers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:18:56 BST 2007

James Grabham wrote:
> If its an internet connection it will be Mb (mega bits) not MB (mega
> bytes) 8 bits in a byte ergo 8 megabits in a megabyte.  :]
>
> Oh, and your server - whats the power consumption on that thing!?

Unfortunatley at the moment I'm stuck with the boxes I have and this one
happened to be my old gaming desktop. The other boxes I have would be
fine as a webserver, but pants as a fileserver as they all have very
small (4gb) HD's. The gaming box has SATA drives and the other ones are
IDE so a swap around is a no go.

If another lower spec box turns up then I'll nab it, but I can't afford
to buy any new bits at the moment,  so I'm stuck with what I have!

-Matt Daubney