[ubuntu-uk] Printing in Ubuntu

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 15:53:49 BST 2007

Could you try downgrading cupsys?

Regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Dianne Reuby
Sent: 02 October 2007 15:39
To: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Printing in Ubuntu

They are installed - so I don't know why I needed to install the
TurboPrint driver. But I knew even less about what I was doing then than
I do now!

I have two printer/driver entries in System>Admin>Printing - tp0 which
is the turboprint, and Canon IP3000, which I assume is the gutenprint
driver. I know that if I have the canon selected I get no output, and
until recently if tp0 was selected it printed OK.

Windows has one definite advantage - while it boots I can make a cup of
coffee, hang out the washing, and read my snail mail. ;)

Thanks for all your advice,
Dianne

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com