[ubuntu-uk] Small TFT monitors....

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 12:50:29 BST 2007

Kris Douglas wrote:
> Kelkoo/ Scan/ Aria.

Hello, Kris.

I've just tried Kelkoo, but when I looked for Aria it said:

  "No products found in Computers & Software"

Was there a particular brand that you had in mind?

I *wish* I could use a laptop for this job, but it's not as easy as you
might think! Seems to be almost impossible to use a laptop's display on
another PC - lots of discussion about this on other news groups, but
I've not seen any real solution. I have to borrow a monitor and keyboard
whenever I travel to places where I've got servers running 'headless'.

It's not a problem borrowing kit most of the time, but it would still be
convenient to have a nice little portable monitor with me. I take a USB
RS232 serial adapter, so I can login on a server's RS232 serial port in
an emergency!

Thanks for suggesting Kelkoo,

	Tony.

Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk