[ubuntu-uk] Printing in Ubuntu

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:37:20 BST 2007

Hmm, don't know where you're looking but the Pixma IP3000 is supported
m8 - it was a real frig to get it to work this time last year but I
have no probs with mine now (running Gutsy Beta here).

***Note to self, get a HP next time (I installed Ubuntu Feisty on my
flatmate's PC recently and his HP all-in-one printer/scanner/copier
worked after about 3 mouse clicks!)***

Pete

On 02/10/2007, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 10:25 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> > Hi Dianne,
> >
> > On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 08:59 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> > > I did see a Gutsy screenshot which showed the Canon IP3000 as default,
> > > so maybe support will be better in a couple of weeks time :) but I can't
> > > remember where that screenshot was :(
> > >

> > I am running Gutsy here and I just tried adding a printer and see that
> > the Canon IP3000 is indeed listed. So yes if you can hold on a bit
> > you're in luck.
> >

> I just checked a feisty machine and it too has drivers for the IP3000.
>
> They are "gutenprint" drivers, so you might want to check in Synaptic
> Package Manager (System --> Administration) that you have the package
> "cupsys-driver-gutenprint" installed, and if you haven't install it.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997