[ubuntu-uk] Citizens rejoice! Your Lord and Master stands on high, playing track 3.

norman norman at littletank.org
Mon Oct 1 10:39:18 BST 2007

< big snip >

> I find the tone of your posting very terse, and a fail to see what you
> are trying to achieve.

What I wanted to achieve was an explanation of why it is seen to be
necessary, by UK Ubuntu users, to have a team leader. Now, a point of
contact is a different matter and, provided that person passes
information and requests to Canonical from the UK users, or the other
way about, without imposing their personal views, than I say more
strength to his or her elbow. I assume the real reason is to help to
promote the widening use of Ubuntu and to assist in its improvement and
development.

< snip >

I have always admired Alan for the initiative he has taken even though I
may not necessarily always agree with his approach and my comments in no
way are intended in a derogatory manner. Alan's efforts in initiating
the tutorial videos were admirable and leave me wondering how he finds
time to keep doing them. I too wish him the best of luck and only wish I
were in a position to be able to be really helpful.

Norman