[ubuntu-uk] would you believe it

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu Nov 29 18:51:02 GMT 2007

< snip >

> When you say it won't restart, are you getting any error messages?  Does
> the Windows XP logo come up at all?

There is no logo appearance and the message basically is complaining
about there being no boot disc available and asking me to find one and
try again.

> Do you get a blue screen with something like "INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"
> written on it.

No, no dreaded blue screen.

> You might also want to try pressing the F8 key at boot up (or keep
> pressing it) and if a boot menu appears, look for an option to start in
> Safe Mode.

I don't think we have got that far.

> What make is the PC? (or is it one you've put together yourself?)

It is one that I bought from World of Computers, I specified what I
wanted and they made it up for me. The problem seems to be because I do
not know the difference between SATA and any other type of hdd.

Norman