[ubuntu-uk] dvd rom-gutsy doesnt see!!!

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:07:32 GMT 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 11:58 AM, Javad Ayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> would it be easier to restart my pc with a ubuntu drive in the drive and the
> DVD rom set to boot first?...and then if it fires up the ubuntu live screen
> at least that way i will be able to tell if its working or not?

Yup - that would be a fairly definitive test. If is fails to perform
this and you're sure the drive is getting power and is connected to
the motherboard one can probably assume that it's buggered and
probably needs to be replaced.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0