[ubuntu-uk] dual boot

Stephen Drake stevepdrake at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:16:59 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 19:38 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
> For the record, I'd always be tempted to put the Windows drive as
> master and Ubuntu as slave...
>
> Linux is far better at adapting to circumstances...
>
> Sean

If I'm following correctly, the Ubuntu drive is SATA. Therefore it
doesn't come into master/slave debate.

Assuming the Ubuntu drive is fully working and Grub is installed to the
MBR, can you post the menu.lst and device.map files the from /boot/grub/
directory to the pastebin (or to this list)? Then we can see the current
configuration and maybe make suggestions about what needs to be changed.

Regards
Steve