[ubuntu-uk] motorola v3 phone

Farran Lee fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 21 16:47:36 GMT 2007

comes back with:

sudo dpkg --configure --pending
Setting up mythtv-database (0.20-0.2ubuntu2) ...
Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at -e line 5, <> line
1.
Failed to create database (incorrect admin username/password?)
If you supplied incorrect information, try:
dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database
dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
 mythtv-database

if I do dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database, then it gives me the
choice to set up mythtv again - except I do not know the details because
even after I installed it, it refused to run.

Any ideas, and possibly a point in the right direction to installing
mysql from source?

thanks, Farran