[ubuntu-uk] motorola v3 phone

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sat Nov 17 16:08:15 GMT 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:22:17 +0000
Farran Lee <fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> ahh, ok. Makes sense. I have just found moto4lin, but cannot install
> it because of the state my laptop is currently in. Is there an easy
> way to install it that _will_ work aside from aptitude? Compilation
> has never seemed to work for me.

You can get the deb(s) yourself (packages.ubuntu.com is probably the
easiest place to get them) and install them with:

sudo dpkg -i <.deb file name goes here>

But you then have to chase the dependencies manually, and depending on
what exactly the state of your laptop is that is stopping aptitude
working this might not work either. Post what the problem is with
aptitude and someone might be able to offer advice on fixing it.

	Robert