[ubuntu-uk] Want a ?139 ubuntu box from Tescos??? Sorry, temporarily out of stock!

Scrase, Eddie escrase.uk at Wentworthlabs.com
Fri Nov 16 08:51:01 GMT 2007

<snip>

> The low cost of the Walmart Everex PC is the obvious eye catching
> thing, however, the OS and its windowing environment is what also
> underpins the great viability of this level of PC in the mass market.
>
> I tried a gOS live CD yesterday, and liked it so much I wanted to know
> more, and installed it. It is a master stroke on the everex PC from
> walmart. The OS is seriously pretty, attractive, and it is simple to
> use for most basic web stuff, with only a single sign on to google. It
> is almost as easy to use a kitchen toaster!

I'll second that!  I downloaded the gOS live CD out of curiosity a few days ago, and it does look very eye catching (with lots of 'showroom' appeal to hopefully sell it to masses).  Hopefully it's day-in day-out usability will prove just as good.