[ubuntu-uk] sshd died?

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Thu Nov 15 15:33:05 GMT 2007

Hi

If by that you mean using a console cable plugged directly into the
server (from a laptop or something) then no.
If that's not what you mean, please elaborate, as i would be interested
in a backup remote administration method.

I've just been thinking that i should maybe install vncserver
(firewalled to my ip address, i know vnc has some security issues) as a
backup, because you can get a shell through that. Pitty i didn't think
of it earlier!

Michael