[ubuntu-uk] Getting my VFD (case VFD) to work

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 21:35:12 GMT 2007

Javad Ayaz wrote:
> Ok i know ive asked this question before but i havnt found a
> solution..so im going to ask again!
>
> Is there any way i can take advantage of the VFD in my case...My case is
> a thermaltake mozart sx and it came with the Soundgraph imon software.
> This software enabled my pc to display various info on a vfd!
>
> Does anyone know how i can utilize this in gutsy?
>
> Hoping someone can help!!!
>
> Javad

I'm sure I had a look last time and couldn't find anything.  What sort
of connection is it?

I was going to suggest, if it's serial (rather than USB) could you try
sending random stuff to /dev/ttySX (replace X with the serial port it's
connected to, e.g ttyS0 for Serial Port 1, ttyS1 for Serial Port 2 etc).

Other than that, have you tried the manufacturer?

Might be worth a shot?

Rob