[ubuntu-uk] Linux Comaptible Hardware

Alec Wright alecjw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:30:18 GMT 2007

I've noticed recently that more hardware manufacturers are saying if
their hardware works with linux lately?
I can think of 3 examples:
1GiB pen maxell drive form asda (£7, bargain!) about a week ago. It said
on the packet, "requires windows 98 or later, mac os (insert an
irrational number here) or linux 2.4"
My friend got a new d-link USB wireless gadget, also about a week ago.
It said on the box that it worked on linux. And work on linux it did.
My school got a new printer. They left a label on it which boasted all
of it's "exciting new features". One was "Postscript compatible - runs
on linux" and it had a picture of tux on it =] The ict staff still
insisted on plugging it into a windows computer though =[

Has anyone else noticed this?
--
Alec Wright <alecjw at gmail.com>