[ubuntu-uk] Please can someone look at this and try to help............ SATA Hdd Problem.

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 20:14:41 GMT 2007

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Kris,
>
> Kris Douglas wrote:
>>
>> On 12/11/2007, *Sean Miller* <sean at seanmiller.net
>> <mailto:sean at seanmiller.net>> wrote:
>>

>> Yes, whereas my great grandfather always swears by Altavista... ;-)
>>

>> Altavista is just a rebranded yahoo search.
>
> Altavista came first, I think. It was originally set up by Digital (DEC,
> now HP via Compaq). I guess it was bought out by someone, but I don't
> know who.

Hello, Tony.

Alive and, patenting at:

	http://www.altavista.com/about/

"AltaVista, a business of Overture Services, Inc., is a leading provider
of search services and technology. AltaVista continues to advance
Internet search with new technologies and features designed to improve
the search experience for consumers. Based in Sunnyvale, Calif.,
AltaVista has a rich history of innovation embodied in 61 search-related
patents"

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687