[ubuntu-uk] memory lane, was: Please can someone look at this and try to help

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Mon Nov 12 20:04:41 GMT 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:50:30 +0000, norman wrote:

> I had a theory that as RAM became cheaper and cheaper programmers became
> lazier and lazier and did not need to strive to be economical with their
> code.

Which is true. The most obvious example for me was when I switched from
Word 6.0 to Word 95 (both on a P100). It seemed like a switch from C to
BASIC.

Ofcourse, lazyness isn't the only reason. Most programs are
cross-platform, so they can't be optimised for a particular system. And
the coders who do try to optimise their code, don't get as much time as
they used to to get to know a certain system, because hardware gets
outdated extremely fast now.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com