[ubuntu-uk] Please can someone look at this and try tohelp............ SATA Hdd Problem.

Daniel Lamb daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 11:32:14 GMT 2007

How about trying it on the onboard sata controller? Can you do that? remove
a device and plug it in?

Also is it a cheap or obscure sata card?  is it maybe not full supported by
ubuntu?

I had a perc controller on a dell server which was similar, but that was
with 6.06, to be honest i ended up just waiting for another version, perhaps
you could try 6.06, or 7.04 if you can still get hold of it?

Also is it possible that your card has raid or something which is possibly
conflicting, you could try switching off all your options on your card.

Regards,
Daniel

  _____