[ubuntu-uk] Another happy Ubuntu user :-)

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 00:05:24 GMT 2007

Kris Douglas wrote:

> On 10/11/2007, *Philip Newborough* <mail at philipnewborough.co.uk
> <mailto:mail at philipnewborough.co.uk>> wrote:
>

>     Good job Rob.
>
>     Philip

> You're a poet, though you do not know it.
>
> Anyway, that's a nice job you did there, when it comes to people doing
> as you said, "word processing and email" Ubuntu really sticks out as a
> green light, mainly because of how suitable it is for that, not all pc's
> are for the power user *cough Slackware *cough* and it's nice to see
> someone that is finding Ubuntu a comfortable distro to use.

Yup, I made sure things were easy to find, I mean it's pretty obvious if
you're used to clicking on menus, I guess in a way it's like the start
menu is on the top of the screen.  What is great about Ubuntu is that it
does the job.

I'm sure Mandriva/Fedora/PCLinuxOS/Debian would have done the job too
(as I'll probably have pointed out to me on my local LUG mailing list,
but I prefered to install Ubuntu as I'm familiar with it and it helps
when I offer support.

Now all I have to do is ask her to pop in an Ubuntu CD with each
Christmas card she sends out this year :-)

Rob