[ubuntu-uk] wifi mini-survey

Tom Bamford tom at entrepreneuria.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 21:29:42 GMT 2007

Josh Blacker wrote:
> WPA I think. I should know, as I set it up! (Checked: WPA Personal.
> Anyone care to explain the difference between Personal and Enterprise?)

WPA personal will use a shared passphrase, with WPA enterprise it will
likely use a Radius server to authenticate users as they connect. Some
routers (notably Zyxel ones) have little Radius services built in, so
you can program the router with users details. Most routers though will
require another machine on your network for authentication.

Tom