[ubuntu-uk] printer problem

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 10:12:21 GMT 2007

norman wrote:
> Does any one else have a problem with printing? For no obvious reason I
> am unable to print from a Windows box which is connected via wireless to
> my Ubuntu machine and the printer works OK from the Ubuntu machine. I
> changed recently to 7.10 and I think there were some changes to Cups
> today.
>
> Please give me the benefit of your advice.
>
> Norman

Can your Windows machine still see the printer?

I mean, if you open up Windows Explorer and type in \\ubuntuboxhostname
(replacing ubuntuboxhostname for the name of your Ubuntu  machine) does
it list the printer amongst any folder shares?

I'm just wondering if for some reason the smb.conf file might have been
altered and your printer share removed?

Rob